Tuesday, August 19, 2008

So, I have finally been persuaded to post a blog.
The following people are responsible:
Tiffany, who first put the thought into my head,
Shauna, who promised it was so easy, and
Kristen, who showed me that photographs can remind us just how great our lives really are.

I apologize for I am an amateur at this so forgive my technological ignorance. Also, let me know if there is something (like a recipe) you would like to see! :-)

In the meantime, here is the peach dessert recipe Michelle asked for:

Graham Cracker Crust:
1 pkg. graham crackers, crushed
1/4 c. powdered sugar
1/2 c. butter, melted

Filling:
Sliced Peaches (skins slipped)
1/4 c. lemon juice (less is better)
1 can sweetened condensed milk

Combine crumbs, and sugar in a 9x13 dish. Add melted butter and mix until combined. Reserve 2 T of crust then press the rest onto the bottom and bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Slip skins from peaches and slice desired amount onto the crust, sprinkling a little lemon juice just to keep them from browning. (Some varieties of peaches do not brown.) Drizzle with sweetened condensed milk and refrigerate. Before serving, sprinkle reserved crumbs on top. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Shauna Hardy said...

Glad you finally have a blog! I guess I shouldn't have told you it was easy because I'll be the one responsible if it isn't! Love the recipe....I remember making at your house when we were in Junior High...LOL!

kristenhcubed said...

You are off to a great start. I'm so glad that you have joined in on the addiction. I'm looking forward to seeing all of your adventures and perhaps keeping in a little closer contact. Love the family picture!