Sunday, September 14, 2008

We recently returned from our vacation to the Northwest and during our visit, we made a trip to what I consider to be one of the most beautiful places on earth, Butchart Gardens. I had wanted to take some nice pictures of Lane but she had other plans. But despite her defiance, and while dodging the crowds, I was able to sneak in a few shots of her and the wonderful garden.




This one is overlooking the Ross fountain.



Just off a path near the redwood forest-




Near the rose garden



In the Japanese Garden-




And since Lane spent most the time frowning or running, the following don't include her.

This is part of the Italian Garden:

The famous 'Sunken Garden'


A glimpse into the beautiful and fragrant rose garden-



Not every day was grumpy for Lane. We did have a nice time on Whidbey Island near Seattle. This day, she did finally look at the camera. Well, sort of. At least she smiled. :-)


4 comments:

Amy B. said...

You are such an awesome picture taker girl and I love love love my flyers...thank you!!!

kristenhcubed said...

Wow, now I'm regretting that we didn't come up to Canada and go with you! Beautiful pictures. I'll go add that to my "list of things we need to do while we still live in the NW".

Sammie said...

Beautiful pictures! You're kids are so cute! So glad you're blogging - I look forward to following.

Shauna Hardy said...

I love the pictures. It is absolutely beautiful there!

I checked out your recipe blog...I am going to have to try the creme brulee (one of my favorites). So what kind of torch do you use? I would love to see that in action!